Current job vacancies
Director opportunities - Management Committee
Part Time Queensland Applications close: Friday 30th September, 2022
Listed Tuesday 6th September, 2022
We are looking to recruit Directors to our Management Committee.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced individuals who are passionate in their quest to ensure all Queenslanders have a home. Key to your success will be your experience in, and understanding of, the housing and homelessness sector and its many impacts on human health and wellbeing.
Our Management Committee skills reflect the diversity of the sector, with members bringing knowledge and expertise in sector representation, community services, corporate governance, and commercial activities.
In joining our Management Committee, you will require qualifications, knowledge, and experience in the following areas:
- Governance and Financial Acumen
- Strong Policy Experience and Networks particularly in:
- State and/ or local government
- Private rental housing
- Tenancy and consumer protection law.
- Business / Financial Management particularly in:
- Investment models.
- Property Development and Construction particularly in:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Social Housing
- Affordable Housing.
- Specialist homelessness program design and service delivery.
Completion of the Australian Institute of Company Directors course is highly desirable.
Your suitability will be assessed against your experience and ability to analyse, critically assess, and drive performance within Management Committee settings, and to constructively build and manage strategic stakeholder relationships.
Diversity and Inclusion
Q Shelter is implementing a range of diversity and inclusion measures. Q Shelter has developed an Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan. Q Shelter strongly encourages First Nation Australians to apply. We support and encourage women, culturally and linguistically diverse peoples, members of the LGBTIQ+ community and people with disability to apply.
For more information For more information or a confidential discussion please contact or call 07 3831 5900. More information about being on the Management Committee is also available at this link.
- Please submit a two-page outline of your suitability. Tell us your reasons for applying.
- Please attach a current CV
- Please submit applications to
Looking for opportunities in Queensland’s Housing and Homelessness Sector?
The Deck is a resource hub for the housing and homelessness sector, which provides links to training, resources, research, regional networks and job opportunities.Visit The Deck
Our staff are passionate about our vision of a home for every Queenslander.
We are a values-driven, high-performing team. Each person plays a vital role in helping to drive real world outcomes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. If you like making a difference, consider coming on board to enjoy a career that matters.
Most of our team is based on the CBD fringe in Spring Hill, Brisbane, though you will find our Service Integration staff located across Queensland, working in the communities they care about.
While you support the sector, we support you
Benefits of working at Q Shelter include access to:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging
- Five weeks paid annual leave
- An employee assistance program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development training
- Active staff involvement in a Diversity Inclusion Working Group, helping to achieve our Innovate Reconciliation Action plan, and other measures to support and celebrate diversity in our workplace.
We are keen to connect with passionate professionals seeking to make a difference.
Please subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on social media to ensure you never miss an opportunity to join our team.
Subscribe to receive the latest news from Q Shelter
Q Shelters E-news
Interested in becoming a Q Shelter member?Get involved