Current job vacancies
Membership and Communications Coordinator
Part Time Contract Spring Hill Applications close: Friday 8th December, 2023
Listed Friday 1st December, 2023
Do you want to use your communication skills to make a real difference?
This is an exciting opportunity to drive real world outcomes for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless and the community who passionately supports them.
Q Shelter, Queensland’s Peak Body for Housing and Homelessness, is currently recruiting for a Membership & Communications Coordinator to join our passionate, high-performance team. Reporting to the Membership and Communications Manager, this part-time role will be based at our beautiful historic Brisbane office in Spring Hill, on the CBD fringe.
Who are we looking for?
- You are passionate about amplifying housing solutions and homelessness responses
- You are an exceptional communicator and team player
- You are a problem solver who finds creative ways to improve the world around you
- You are organised, self-driven and deliver on your commitments
- Design experience would be highly regarded.
What will you do in your role?
- You will contribute to and action Q Shelter’s membership and communications
- You will plan, write, proofread and publish a range of communications.
- Your work will help strengthen our voice to influence public policy for affordable housing and homelessness solutions.
- You will support and promote engagement between government and sector participants.
This is a part-time position (3 or 4 days per week) until 31 March 2023. Q Shelter offers a flexible work environment.
The role falls within the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award with the grade level negotiable depending on the experience level and qualifications of the candidate. Q Shelter employees receive five weeks annual leave per year (pro-rata for part time) and a paid Christmas shutdown period. Q Shelter staff also have access to not-for-profit salary packaging, which increases their take home pay.
Q Shelter staff are expected to work within a culturally safe framework and actively contribute to the implementation of Q Shelter’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
How to apply
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
A criminal history check will be undertaken on the preferred candidate.
Q Shelter is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role. Q Shelter is currently developing an Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan to guide and strengthen our approach to inclusion of First Nations’ Peoples.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Q Shelter on (07) 3831 5900Position Description
Our staff are passionate about our vision of a home for every Queenslander.
We are a values-driven, high-performing team. Each person plays a vital role in helping to drive real world outcomes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. If you like making a difference, consider coming on board to enjoy a career that matters.
Most of our team is based on the CBD fringe in Spring Hill, Brisbane, though you will find our Service Integration staff located across Queensland, working in the communities they care about.
A brief overview of what it means to work for Q Shelter
Q Shelter staff talk about what their job means to them
Looking for opportunities in Queensland’s Housing and Homelessness Sector?
The Deck is a resource hub for the housing and homelessness sector, which provides links to training, resources, research, regional networks and job opportunities.Visit The Deck
While you support the sector, we support you
Benefits of working at Q Shelter include access to:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging
- Five weeks paid annual leave
- An employee assistance program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development training
- Active staff involvement in a Diversity Inclusion Working Group, helping to achieve our Innovate Reconciliation Action plan, and other measures to support and celebrate diversity in our workplace.
We are keen to connect with passionate professionals seeking to make a difference.
Please subscribe to our waitlist or follow us on social media to ensure you never miss an opportunity to join our team.
Subscribe to receive the latest news from Q Shelter
Q Shelters E-news
Interested in becoming a Q Shelter member?Get involved