Our members and other stakeholders provide input to our policy statements which focus on real world solutions.
Our 2022 policy position addresses housing need and homelessness in the context of the recent floods and the ongoing Covid-19 recovery. These two events are contributing to historically low vacancy rates in the private rental market and a worsening housing crisis.
Our policy seeks an integrated approach to housing supply, tenancy sustainment and evidence-based support programs that help prevent homelessness. It urges upstream responses at both the system and household levels.
Recommendations cover these areas of focus:
- housing supply
- planning systems reform and land supply
- a strong community housing sector
- rental reforms and a healthy private rental housing market
- tenant participation and peer leadership
- Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- community support for social, affordable, and higher density housing
- young people
- older people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- workforce and sector viability.